Sunday, November 16, 2008

labels

Tonight, my husband and I were listening to a radio talk show. The host was talking about how two college football fans were killed over the weekend simply because they were wearing shirts with their college of choice logo on them. So he was wondering what labels his listeners wanted to be known for. He wanted the label that meant the most to us. Like one man called up and said he wanted to be known as an Atheist. Another woman called and said she wanted to be known as a mother. As I was listening, I was thinking about what I would say if asked that question. First, I thought of a wife. I take that responsibility very seriously. But then I thought of my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I thought that would be the most important thing in my life. But then I thought of the greatest answer of all. I am a Child of God. That is the thing I want to be known for most. That is the greatest compliment any one could give me. Because I know that I am a child of God, everything else falls into place. Because I know I am a child of God, people know how I should act and speak. Because I know I am a child of God, people know what kind of person I am. What greater compliment can there be?

2 comments:

Midge said...

Amen. Sister!

Midge said...

PS - You are tagged. Go to my blog to see the rules.